Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Anniversary

I am so SO so excited to finally bring you pictures of this card.  This card is what brought my mind back to the creative side!

As previously mentioned, the bestest parents in the world had their 27th wedding anniversary last week.  I went back and forth on the idea and colors of what to do for the card.  Thought about purple since it's one of my mom's fave colors, but then I thought it wasn't just about my mom, it's about my dad too... But I didn't want it to be too masculine either. 

So flipping through all my papers, I came across the green damask ish pattern and it just clicked.


Earlier in the week I actually went lookin around for anniversary stamps since surprisingly, I didn't have any yet.  Everything was birthday or baby inspired.  Luckily, I found something simple and to the point.  I feel like it fit perfect with this card.  You can't really see it but "Happy Anniversary" is embossed in white with silver glitter.

Then came the insert...  I actually cut to size a green distressed pattern for the inside of the card, but when I flipped it over to put stick'ums on it, I discovered I really really liked the pattern on the other side.  And even though it had a lot of blue in it, the pattern still went really well.


I edged the card with a chocolate brown ink to connect it with all the colors on the front.  On the card I sent my parents, the leaf pattern actually kinda framed the top and left side which left a big open space on the bottom right for a message. 

Growing up I didn't understand a lot of the things that my parents said and did.  But now that I am an adult and married, it all makes sense.  My parents have been such an amazing example of sacrificial love with each other and with the rest of the family.  And I am so appreciative of everything they have done for me and that they have made me into the person that I am today.  Love you Mom and Dad!!!!  Happy Anniversary!  Hope you liked your card ;]


No comments:

Post a Comment