Saturday, November 12, 2011

Brads, Velum, and Stamps, oh my!

Here's a set I made to accompany a gift set of books.  I wanted to make a card for the gift, then included matching note cards for each of the books so I could include a special message.


As usual, I fell in love with this turquoise paper, so I didn't want to cover it up.  I had a stack of 3 inch velum strips left over from a project so I thought that would be perfect for this paper. I'd never stamped on top of velum before, so I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out.  I stamped the fuschia hearts then stamped the black words on top of the pink.  It turned out so cool!


I used scraps of the turquoise pattern paper on top of strips of turquiose paper to create continuity on the note cards.  I added distressing to the edges of the card as well as all the strips.  The Distressing Ink used on these cards are Antiqued Linen and Tea Dye.


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!  It's definitely cold and rainy here, so I'll be bundling up for all my errands...

1 comment: