Thursday, May 12, 2011

Big 'ol Flower Birthday

Happy Thursday!!  We are almost to the weekend!! woop woop!

Here's a birthday card inspired by a post by Everyday Cricut.  I LOVED the way this scalloped flower look and I just had to try it out myself.  I made a little change with the inner part of the flower to make it my own.


The base of the flower is a scalloped circle cut from the Paper Lace cart at 3".  I cut 5 circles and fold 4 into quarters and used photo sticks to attach them to the 5th scallop.  I cut another 4 scallop circles at 2" for the inner part of the flower with the same process, folded into quarters and adhered with photo sticks.  Surprisingly, I didn't have any big pink buttons on hand, so I went with a shimmery clear/white button.


The sentiment was layered on plaid, magenta, and orange paper and adhered with pop dots on 3 corners. One corner was nestled in the flower folds and adhered with a photo stick.

The inside of the card has the same bright pink, orange, and yellow tiedye pattern that the flowers were made from. And the insert of the card is the same bright orange to match the front, with a magenta birthday sentiment stamped on the inside.


I hope you all have a fabulous rest of the day!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is very sweet. Sorry about your posts. I had spent some time moving things around on my blog and now it is back to how it was on Tuesday. I hope you can get your data back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! Love the layering! I have an award for you if you go to my blog here-
    http://theholtonshome.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-awardhow-exciting.html
    ~~Jen H~~

    ReplyDelete